Pages

April 27, 2012

Thank You Thank You Thank You - To The First Donor from The United Kingdom

Tears are really in my eyes because I just checked the amazon reports stats and the first donor from the UK has donated by purchasing Hunger Is Not a Game. I want to take this opportunity that if that person ever reads my blog, they will know who they are because the first book towards this project was purchased today April 27, 2012. I do not know if you are religious, spiritual or simply morally conscious but I wanted to single you out whoever you are for the beauty of your gift to this project. Although you are anonymous to me, you are not anonymous to God. And I want to thank you and pledge that with donors like you grabbing a hold of this cause , it will make a diference in many lives. I do not take it lightly that you have taken your precious resources to give to help others and I applaud you. If more persons in the world thought like you, we seriously would be in a better place. Some may ask why do I rejoice over the one single donation? I rejoice because for a few persons, that donation will make a difference. This reminds me of the story of a little boy who was at the seaside and there were more starfish that had been washed up on shore than could be numbered. The little boy picked up one of the starfish and threw it back into the ocean thus saving its life. A man passing by saw this and stopped the boy. He asked him," Why do you waste your time? Don't you see how many starfish are on this shore? You can't save all of them. What you are doing doesn't make a difference." The little boy paused, turned around and looked at the ocean where he just threw the one star fish and he said, "Well I made a difference to that one." And he pointed out to see. With that the boy smiled and picked up another starfish.
They also have a saying in Jamaica "Every mikkle makes a muckle." In other words every little bit helps to put together. So again, to the first donor to Hunger is Not a Game Project, I want to say God Bless you and may he make his face to shine upon you. In fact without even knowing who you are, (God knows who you are) I will pray for you tonight and I am confident that God will bless you because he saw your heart. You have made my day because starting this project will bring me that much closer to a life of serving others. Here is the print screen shot of confirmation of the first donation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for entering.